Search This Blog

Monday 19 April 2010

If you had the chance...

Not many years ago, a friend and I were in a mall, shopping for a particular brand of milk for pregnant women. As we took the escalator after our purchase, we saw the young couple right in front of us. My child was an infant then and she was expecting her second one. We both knew what this couple did not know- and we both did not need many words but just a smile and an exchange of glance and we both said simultaneously, "They don't know what they are getting into!"
I am pretty sure we had a smirk on our faces at that very moment that comes when you know what to expect and others don't! She said so, seven months pregnant, knowing fully well what was to come her way shortly; and i said so remembering all my post-partum medical trips to the hospital!
And we shared a hearty laugh.
Even now, i wonder, if i had the chance to reverse the time, would i want to go back to the stage that couple was at?
My instinctive reaction is a big 'No'.
If i don't hug my kids for even a day, i feel incomplete- so I definitely cannot imagine a time in my life without them! Besides, I don't want all the growing-up pains to come again- after all, even if i could reverse the clock once, i would have to go through the (same) cycle of life sooner or later. I cannot possibly stay young forever...
The more you think, the more clear it becomes.
Every stage of life has its 'coming of age' stage(s) and each of them is important in its own way. Just like the bad experiences or pains of the past, we have beautiful moments that always bring a smile on our face. Reversing the clock might mean i could choose more wisely and undo my bad decisions, but it would also mean losing my precious present, and my happy past!
I think i should probably make a list of, say, 10 things i would want to re-do if i have the chance to relive my life so far ...will start tomorrow on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.