Search This Blog

Monday 7 March 2011

Wishing well...

The Namesake was one novel and movie i enjoyed reading and watching thoroughly, i think because of its closeness to reality. The bad news, both, regarding Aushima's father and later, her husband, comes via the telephone, the routine object that we use many times in the day and that is the bearer of most of our news these days. It reaffirmed my hatred for late night phone calls so much so that i have come to dread them. When i heard about my friend's mother passing away yesterday, i could only hope that she had had the opportunity to be closer to her mom at that time of unexpected departure. I could only hope that she had not got the worst news of her life through the phone.
I want to speak to this friend, to try to convey my feelings; and yet, i am at a loss for words. What do you tell a person who has lost a parent? Will, what i say, lessen her grief, or help her at all? How do i tell her that I understand,  that her excruciating pain cannot be mitigated, except with time?
 Parents are irreplaceable, our sole source of unconditional love and acceptance; witnesses of our life with all its inside stories; our pillars of strength, unselfish advice and prayers; despite all our disagreements and arguments and what not. Losing  any of them is a thought we never let come to our mind.
I see them growing older, and i get scared. I want my stronger daddy back, a little voice in my head tells me. I want my active mom again, the image search department of my brain screams back, showing me her images of managing her job and home and kids and social circle, and everything that we have been taking for granted. I want them to be around for a very very long time, I want them to stay happy and healthy, and i hope the same for everyone's parents. God bless all the parents, always!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.