Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 March 2011

The pursuit of happiness...

One look at the sky above with its uncertain clouds; deciding whether to play hide and seek with sun today, or stay right here for a while and unload their water tanks; the sun trying really hard to show its luminous face, the birds talking rather excitedly, the wind giving the last signs of a waning winter and the impending hot summer ahead- for once, I did not feel like having my usual morning cup of tea. I enjoyed just sitting and watching, and wondering why haven't I done it all winter? I have had the opportunity but I have chosen more mundane things over the exciting ones, letting another beautiful winter slip by in the process.

Every afternoon, I tell myself, I must have lunch outdoors. The sun is not going to be kind all the time...and yet, I turn on the television and watch some silly reality show to make my lunchtime more alive.

Am I the only one like this? Are the people employed in well-paying, full time jobs more disciplined to have their quality times? I have doubts. Others' lives always seem more interesting, but if I had to go to a coffee morning every day, or even every other day of the week, I will be bored to death. If my idea of fun had to be just shopping every day, I will not only be broke but again bored to death. If I had to go to full time work every day that finishes when the moon has already said hello to my part of the world, will I be happy then? NO!  And yet, we see these people, all around us, seemingly perfectly happy with themselves, their lives. Either they are really happy or they believe that they are happy, or worse, we believe that they are happy when actually they are not! My conclusion-  everyone to his own! Happiness will always be both, illusive and elusive, until we figure it out in our own minds and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.