Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Go, Gossip!!!


Well, after years and years of assuming, learning, observing and concluding that I hate gossip; gossip is bad (at least for someone's reputation); that our problems and woes are ours alone; that my life is just my business and I do not want to talk to a third person about it...well, after all of that, I am now learning (afresh!) that gossip might actually be good for me! And for you, and for just about anyone!

It appears that the bottled up emotions; good, bad, neutral; fear, elation, love, hatred, and the whole lot; they are not good for us. We need to release them. And by releasing them, I do not mean go on the web and its multitude of social networks and start talking just about anyone. I only mean to say that we all need to have at least one good friend with whom you can share all of your happiness and miseries. Now that friend could be your spouse, your brother, your sister, your parent, your partner, your co-worker, your classmate, even your mom-in law- just as long as you do not spread malicious rumour about anyone , I think you will reap the benefits of talking. Apparently, talking relieves the stress of not talking (i.e. same as keeping quiet = keeping it all bottled up inside you= danger of that volcano erupting one day= chemical imbalance in the brain/ emotional breakdown/ depression). I am no doctor- but I am just sharing with you the advice I have recently received myself, from a most trusted professional. 

So, lighten up. Share your pain, your story about the people in your life (boss/ colleague/ roommate/ partner/a friend turned foe/ neighbour/ the stinky lab partner/ in-laws -yes, believe it or not- they are universally prone to be gossiped about the most!- et al), the sickness that you are going through, the happiness you experience, the little joys and the little sorrows (the maid being late for work again, e.g.!) ....it might just do you good!! Just give it an outlet, and the other person's insight might come as a bonus along with it.

 Finding someone you can trust more than enough; someone with enough patience and time to listen to your babbling.....that is the most difficult part, the only one problem in the whole deal. May be I need different people for different kinds of gossiping! (and spare that one person i was thinking about earlier!!)

P.S.: Take this advice at your own risk. Discretion is highly advised. Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.