Search This Blog

Thursday 29 December 2011

Seize it - NOW!


Shoot! Why didn’t I go atop the Eiffel tower??
****! Why didn’t I go for those rides @ the Ferrari World before?
****! Why didn’t I go for Zumba and salsa and all those fast-paced aerobics classes before??? Not even the free trial class???

Everything – a regret, and a wish- wish I had done it before...before I was told I couldn’t do it anymore, not in the foreseeable future- thanks to years of prioritising everything else before taking care of my own body! Not even the desert safari? I couldn’t help scolding myself, feeling bad at that moment- when I realised, there are still a thousand other things that I can do today, that I might not be able to do tomorrow. Finally, I understood Kabir's words- kaal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab... pal mein parlay hoyegi, bahuri karega kab...literally translated as:

What you have to do tomorrow, do it today; what you have to do today, do it now- for any moment might be the final moment, when will you do it then?

I have used and heard and read those words umpteen number of times; and yet, it took me so long to understand. I should have remembered those profound words every single day of my life...I wouldn’t have missed living life so much then! I am glad though that there is still time- time before arthritis makes my knees weak, before high BP and cholesterol strike my head and heart, before my eyes grow weak with glaucoma, before the wrinkles make the red lipstick look horrific on my lips, before I am rendered incapable of wearing the silk sitting in my special storage boxes, and before I have to just pass on the jewellery so lovingly gifted by my husband and parents to my daughters-in-law. There is time before I am told I am too old, too fat, too wrinkly, too this, too that, too whatever...to do what I can do today, now; I still have time to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.