Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2011

Trust

Trust. A small word, fragile, omnipresent, and opposite of betrayal.
When my health professional told me recently that i was over-medicated, and asked me the reason, I looked back at her blankly. Wasn't the answer obvious? I had done what my so-very-well-educated and experienced and recommended doctor had told me to do! I had trusted him. Just like the one before him and after him and this new health professional too. All in good faith!!
When the E.COLI started dominating the newspapers, the government announced that there are strict quality checks in place to ensure that the 'tainted' produce does not reach our shelves. I trust what is being told to me via the media.
When the supermarket promises 'home delivery', i trust they are using a proper vehicle so the milk I ordered does not get converted into cottage cheese (it is 47 degrees outside!) by the time it reaches my house!
I trust the life guard at the pool is trained enough to do his job well, if anyone at the pool ever needs it.
I trusted the developer when they sold their project as a gated community. I still trust the Community Security when they send their staff patrolling the streets on their bicycles.
I trust my neighbours will come to help if i ever needed it.
I trust the school i send my children to. I trust the bus driver and the conductor who accompany them in the school bus. And most of all, I trust the teachers with whom my children spend 7-8 hours daily.
I trust my children will remember their values when they are free birds.
I trust my family will always be my side.
I trust the friends i make along the way, albeit in stages, and a little gingerly in the beginning. I even trust my children’s friends, and their parents.
I trust the food i eat out is hygienic, fresh enough for human consumption and will not make me sick with food poisoning.
I trust the government, the people, the staff, the doctors, the teachers, the home delivery men, the neighbours, the airlines, the electrician, the plumber, the gardener, the supermarket, the hospital, the nursery, the courier company, the restaurant, the friends, the family, and above all, the power that runs this universe. I trust that they all will do the work that they are supposed to do in all earnestness and to the best of their abilities; and no more, no less.
Don't we all?
Does that make us gullible?
Or, does that only mean that majority of people on this earth believe in the goodness of life, and everything that runs it? The majority of us, commonly; generally; usually....trust; and all that we learn about not trusting anyone ever again, is what we call experience! So, if majority of us are the ‘good guys’, why do the ‘bad guys’ still manage to do their job?


No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.