Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Politely yours!

I asked him if my son's outgrown car seat would be of any use to him. I just wanted to give it to someone who would be able to use it rather than just throw it next to the garbage bin and waste something that some one might actually need.
I am now trying to avoid him.
Unknowingly, i have allowed him into my life, not in any unacceptable way though. He calls me his elder sister, and it is all very nice but somehwere, i can feel growing expectations and diabetic sweetness. And yet, i cannot bring myself to say no to him, out of politeness...

Like the invitations we receive for social networking. We either sit forever on those, or simply accept them even when we would just like to be left alone! It is said, we should be careful who we open the doors of our home and our life to...because people who come in through those doors might not want to leave; even when you want them to.
So, is it better to be firm and speak your mind (and risk being called rude and anti-social) , or is it good to be polite and create an inner sanctum which politely accepted social acquaintances do not get acquainted with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These observations are my point of view of the life, as I see it. This blog does not intend to hurt, rationalise, judge, ridicule, or in any way offend anyone at all...it is only a way of sharing my own observations...so, please take it in the right spirit....thanks.